The third instalment of my hanging heart tutorials!
This one is much quicker to make and requires very little skill, so if you lack confidence with a needle and thread, this is the tutorial for you!
Read on to find out how to make a simple hanging heart with beads.
Time needed: 5-10 mins
Assortment of beads
Ribbon, leather cord or similar
1. Cut a length of wire and fashion loosely into a heart shape, leaving a few centimetres extra at either end. Don’t bend the wire too sharply else threading beads might be difficult!
2. Thread beads onto the wire. I chose to use a selection of natural-coloured wooden beads and a larger, contrasting red bead.
3. Wind the two ends of wire together and bend with round-nose pliers to make a loop.
4. Cut a length of leather cord or ribbon and tie onto the metal loop.
5. Bend the wire a little more as necessary to better define the heart shape.