Here’s the second of my hanging heart tutorials. This one is pretty similar in method to the fabric heart tutorial, but produces a different looking result.
Time needed: 20-30 mins
Dried lavender or pot pourri
Needle and thread
Toy stuffing (optional)
Sewing machine (optional)
1. Draw and cut out two hearts with pinking shears. Place together, right side facing outwards.
2. Cut a piece of ribbon, fold in half and tuck the end between the two sides of the heart, top centre. Pin in place.
3. Sew around the edge, leaving a seam of approximately 0.8cm. Leave a gap for filling the heart!
4. Sew a button onto the heart, below the ribbon.
5. Fill with lavender or pot pourri. You could either fill the heart entirely with a scented filling, or just add a small amount and fill the rest with toy stuffing. (I added some stuffing to mine, since the pot pourri I have isn’t great for this project.)