Crystal jewellery is everywhere at the moment, be it agate slice pendants, geode cluster rings or polished cabochon earrings!
With so much around, I’ve a wish-list a mile long and a lot of inspiration!
The latest of my crystal jewellery endeavours is this wire-wrapped crystal cuff:
The inspiration was this bracelet from Diva at Miss Selfridge:
Swirl Centre Stone Cuff, RRP £15, Miss Selfridge
It took me a while to figure out how to put this bracelet together and I messed up a couple of times!
Read on to find out how I did it.
Time needed: approx 20-30 minutes
Thin gauge wire
Thick gauge wire
Round nose pliers
Flat nose pliers
1. Cut a length of thicker gauge wire a few centimetres wider than your crystal. Using round nose pliers, curl one end over to make a looped bail.
Hold this piece of wire against the back of your crystal and wrap the crystal with the thinner gauge wire. Tuck in the ends at the back of the crystal.
This process is really similar to that used my Chicken andEgg Necklace, so I reused the pictures!
2. Using the thick gauge wire again, bend over the end with the round nose pliers.
3. Start bending the wire back and forth in a cuff shape, bending around the round nose pliers when you get to the ends. I used an existing cuff as a guide for size and shape. Slide on the crystal once you have around three strands of wire on your cuff and twist to hold the strands together.
4. Continue bending the wire as in step 3 until you have three more strands. Use round nose pliers to curl the other end of the wire you cut in step 1 in a loop around one of these strands, cutting off any excess. Again, twist the strands together.
5. Before cutting off excess wire from the main part of the bracelet, wrap it around the bottom of the cuff. Cut off another short piece of wire to wrap around the other side. Use flat-nose pliers to bend the ends in.
Linking up at The More The Merrier Monday @ The DIY Home Sweet Home Project, and all the fab link parties in my sidebar!