Embroidery thread in your chosen colour (1-2 bundles)
The needle you use needs to have a big enough eye for the thread, but be small enough to go through the beads!
1. Decide how long you want your necklace to be. Add a couple of inches to this measurement and cut several strands of your embroidery thread (I got 9 strands from one bundle of thread)
2. Leave about 3 inches and tie a couple of knots in the thread, one over the other. The knots need to be big enough that the beads won’t slip over them.
3. Thread on a bead and tie a couple of knots on the other side.
4. Leave a gap, tie another couple of knots, and add a bead as described previously. You could space the beads evenly, or more randomly as I did.
With my necklace, I aimed to put 3-4 beads on each strand of embroidery thread, with a good 3 inches either end to tie.
5. Repeat the previous steps with the rest of your strands of thread. Remember to vary the spacing of the beads a little so they’ll look more randomly spaced on the finished necklace.
6. Once you’ve done this for all your threads, tie them together with a loop at either end.
7. Fit the necklace clasp on the loops using the jumprings, and you’re done!
I added a small amount of glue to the big knots either end of the necklace, but this probably isn’t necessary.