Friday 18 November 2011

Tutorial: Doily Glasses Case

Well, I couldn’t stop at a phone case when it came to doilies.
I made a matching sunglasses case:



Again, it was something I needed! My awesome sunnies (hand-me-downs from my Mum) did come with a case, but the lining was breaking up--every time I took the sunglasses out, they were covered in bits of black dust!

The sunglasses case turned out to be much easier to make than the matching phone case, though the method is pretty similar!

Here’s an easy-peasy sunglasses case tutorial.


Time needed: approx 20 mins (excluding glue drying time)

You’ll need:
Old, flat sunglasses case that fits your sunglasses
Pencil
Fabric
Lining
Interfacing
Doily (or doilies)
Fabric glue



1. Draw around the sunglasses case onto the interfacing and cut out leaving 1cm seam allowance. (As with the phone case, I cut two layers of sew-in interfacing to get the desired thickness).



2. Cut a piece of fabric and lining the same size, using the interfacing as a guide. Iron the interfacing to the back of the fabric if using that type.



3. Make a sandwich with the lining, fabric and interfacing, ensuring the fabric is in the middle.



4. Sew around the edge of the sandwich, leaving a few inches gap along one edge.



5. Clip the corners and turn the case the right way around. Fold in the un-sewn edge and sew right along that edge, including around the corners. (I forgot to take a picture of this part, sorry!). This side will be the mouth of the case.



6. Fold the case in half with the edge you just sewed on one end. Pin the other sides and opposite end together and sew. 



7. Glue on a doily and you’re done!



This will probably be my last doily craft for now, until I get my hands on more! 

Will be linking up at all the usual link parties, found in the side bar :)

2 comments:

  1. Your tutorials are so doable. Love the doily on both cases. New follower from Think Pink.
    Audrey at eleganteconomies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable!!! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Have a fabulous week!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...