Friday 9 September 2011

Tutorial: Religion Bracelet


Due to both impulsive buying and people wise to my crafty ways, I have a lot of beads, charms and other jewellery-related bits and bobs floating around my room.

So when I saw a gorgeous bracelet on Forever 21’s website, I found something I just had to make my own version of!
Here’s mine:


And here’s theirs:

Religious Charm Bracelet, was £9.99 now £7.49, 21 Men @ Forever 21

Forever 21’s version is so gorgeous, but chances are with it being a men’s bracelet, it would slip over my hand.

Naturally - realising I had everything I needed to make my own version - I got cracking and made the bracelet at the top of this post!

I took pictures along the way too, so I could show you guys how to make a religious charm bracelet of your own! 


Time needed: 10-15 minutes (approx)

You’ll need:
Beads
2 x religious charms
Chain
Clasp
5 x split rings
2 x crimps
Bead stringing wire
Cutters
Round-nosed pliers
Flat-nosed pliers



1. Add a jump ring to each of your charms (if they didn’t come with them pre-attached).



2. Cut a length of bead stringing wire about 3/4 of your wrist measurement. Use a crimp to make a loop on one end, closing the crimp with the flat-nosed pliers, and then attach the clasp to the loop using a jump ring.



3. Thread some beads onto the wire, adding one of your charms around 2/3 of the way through. Stop when you have a length of beads just under half the size of your desired bracelet.



4. Finish off the string of beads by making another loop with the second crimp, as in step 2.



5. Cut a piece of chain the whole desired length of the bracelet. Add a jump ring to the centre link.



6. Join together the two ends of the chain with another jump ring. Using the same jump ring, connect on the second charm and the end of the length of beads.



7. You’re done. Hooray!


Here’s a second bracelet I made using the same method, with just a few changes:


I thought they’d look good worn together!



Hope everyone enjoyed this tutorial! I fully recommend heading over to Forever 21’s website and checking out all their lovely products!

Will be linking up at all the parties in my side bar!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this turned out great. I think I like yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and yours is prettier than the original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow awesome! Yours is really beautiful. I have to say I'm very impressed that Forever21 is selling a bracelet with a miraculous medal on it - that's awesome!

    Please feel free to link up your religion bracelet to my Make Yourself Monday Blog Hop! I'd love to have you!! :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    P.S. I have a lot of Catholic readers that would really appreciate your bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the bracelet. Yours is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your bracelet more! Well done! Thank you so much for sharing your post at Savvy HomeMade Monday and I hope you will stop by and party again!

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...