Friday 22 July 2011

Tutorial: Multi-chain charm bracelet



This Assad Mounser-inspired multi-chain charm bracelet is a great stash-busting project, perfect for using up leftover bits of chain and charms.


Time needed: 30-60 mins

You need:
Assortment of chain
Selection of charms
2 connectors
Clasp
Split ring
Lots of jump rings
Tape measure
Round nose pliers
Flat nose pliers
Cutters

Optional:
Beads
Eye pins


1. Measure your wrist and deduct 1-2 inches from the measurement, depending on how wide your connectors are. I had to take about 2 inches from the measurement because I used fairly wide connectors.  
I learnt this part the hard way; the first time I made the bracelet I put it on and it slipped off over my hand!



2. Cut several lengths of chain to this measurement.  I used a premade length of beads as well as regular chain--to make these:
  • thread a bead onto an eye pin,
  • bend the end in a loop using round nose pliers
  • connect on another eye pin
  • repeat!
In addition, I made strands using two shorter pieces of different styles of chain by opening a link in the chain and joining them together.



3. Use jump rings to join the lengths of chain to the connectors. In some places I joined on two lengths of chain to one hole of the connector. For the bracelet in the picture, I used 8 strands of chain across 5 connector holes.



4. Add charms to one side of the bracelet.



5. Fix on a clasp and voila!


Will be linking up to the awesome link parties in my sidebar!
Also linking up at:



11 comments:

  1. utterly pimp, in the best possible way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so gorgeous! I love how it could easily be casual or dressy and the design itself could be easily adapted by changing the beads and charms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty! I bet I could use up some leftover beads and chain this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like this project, it is beautiful and just my Style!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kei!
    Great job on the charm bracelet! It's so cool! Thanks so much for sharing it at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I would have never thought of using different chains to make one gorgeous bracelet! Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We are so grateful for your support and we hope that you will be back tomorrow to share more great ideas!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!! I would love it if you joined me again tomorrow! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my lava cake. I am returning the blog love and LOVE this bracelet! You have great ideas on your site! I would love for you to stop by and link up to my Savvy HomeMade Monday blog party at: http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/28/savvy-homemade-monday-party-1/

    I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for linking up Kei! Your bracelet is great! I see the multichair bracelets in every fashion magazine out there now! I never had the guts to create one of my own until now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three words: FAB YOU LOUS!!! I would love, love, love to do one of these.

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    What a pretty bracelet! Thanks for sharing this tutorial!

    I made a multi chain bracelet too! Come look at mine at: http://knutselen-met-sofieke.blogspot.com/2011/08/roze-armband-pink-bracelet.html

    Greetings Sofieke

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...