Thursday, 17 July 2014

Refashioned Dress #2

Remember the far-too-costumey dress that I introduced as my 'next project'?

I finished it at the weekend. This is what it looks like now:

 And here's how I did it...

Thursday, 10 July 2014


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Click the link above to follow Unfortunately Oh! on Bloglovin'

Don't forget I run another blog, Doing A Thing, where I post about goals created and completed from a 101/1001 list!

Saturday, 5 July 2014

Next Project!

So, this is going to be my next refashion project!
I bought this dress at a kilo sale last year, but it is far too small on the ribs, and a little too costumey.

My main reason for buying was the fabric...however it spent a few months stored away, as I couldn't decide what to do with it!

Recently I was watching a new TV show, This Old Thing, which has a section where vintage clothes are transformed with a little nip and tuck, and I was inspired!

I've decided to do something similar to what I did with my retro floral dress (which I wear so much during the summer months!)

This time, I won't be able to use the bodice (it's too small!) so I'll keep that aside for future projects.
Instead, I'm going to:
  • Cut off the bottom half of the skirt and rehem
  • Make a new, sleeveless bodice from the bottom half of the skirt.
  • Remove the white broderie anglais trim
  • (Maybe) replace it with a flat trim

Overall it will hopefully have a similar shape to my floral dress, but I might play with the shape of the neckline a little. We shall see.

This won't happen yet as I've still got another project on (appearing soon on Doing A Thing) but after that, I'll be cutting and sewing like a madwoman!

Watch this space to see how I go :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...